The Community Library Samford Inc. is an independent, not-for-profit, volunteer-run “swap and drop” library and community hub which:-
- holds thousands of books, CDs, DVDs, games and puzzles donated by the local community and beyond for community borrowing
- has set up a regular 3 O’Clock Book Club on the second Saturday and the fourth Wednesday of each month
- has Board And “Unbored” Games afternoons for various age groups in response to community requests. Games available at any time.
- has Story and Rhyme Time each Saturday at 11.00 am
- supports several charities with donations of “overstock” resources as we sort and cull our donations
- has set up Satellite Libraries to support Millen Farm trainees and the business community
- has established several Little Libraries in businesses, child care centres and private premises in Samford district
- promotes reading through initiatives such as “Samford Reads” and Australia’s Simultaneous Storytime
- has book sales to sell multiple copy books and overstock
- is working in conjunction with Samford Support Network, Dayboro Conversation Club and some out of school hours care facilities to develop the Running Bag Library for the isolated who love to read.
- works cooperatively with several literary organizations such as Samford Writers’ Group and May Gibbs Children’s Literature Trust
- provides space for interest and charity groups such as Samford and District Boomerang Bags, Helen’s Basic Sewing, The Yarn Crowd, Boomerang Bags on a Monday, and Lucie’s Repair Cafe to meet, create and chat.
- promotes local and global authors and readers through our website
- has established sustainable practices through art work creation and soil erosion control, by recycling and reusing most resources that are damaged and culled from the library.
Interest groups are welcome to use our space. Please text Julie on 0426719511 if you would like to use our facility.
Books and a Cuppa:
When the library is open, all are welcome to drop in for a cuppa, a read and a chat, especially those somewhat older members of the local community.
We have comfortable chairs, tables and friendly people who would be very happy to welcome you to the library – a library where people are actually encouraged to talk, silence may be golden, but not in our library.
Useful links to help you find your way around our website
If you follow the various links below, you will be taken to a range of information, all of which we hope will help you join us, find us, know what we are doing in the library and other useful things.
Joining the library – Click Here
Calendar of Activities – Click Here
Community Activities – Click Here
Book Sales – Click Here
Volunteering – Click Here
Contacting us – Click Here