A new service to the public is currently under evaluation. The service aims to provide a free book delivery service to those who are confined to home.
In 2017 CLS ran a similar service “Library Bags” which operated through Samford Support Network to their clients.
The new service idea is further expanded to include certain members of the community within the Samford Valley area.
The service is aimed to help anyone who is confined to home due to age, accident, illness, or anyone having difficulty in getting out and about.
This free service would deliver books, DVD’s CD’s according to recipient preference (a survey form would be completed upon registration).
Community & Recipient Benefits:
- Free access to reading and visual materials
- Mental health issues addressed through increased community engagement, social connections and alleviating stress (includes volunteers)
- Enhancing knowledge, learning, memory
- Recipients would register with CLS and complete a short survey of preferences in materials.
- A CLS Delivery Co-ordinator manages the service.
- A Volunteer Delivery Driver registers for free as a Volunteer (and in doing so receives free Personal Accident insurance cover)
- The Volunteer Delivery Driver delivers items using their personal transport to one or more registered recipients. Hopefully the Volunteer Delivery Driver may also have time to stop for a short social chat if considered beneficial and welcome.
- Books come out of CLS surplus stocks (hence the free service).
- Deliveries would be made at times suited to drives and recipients.
- Deliveries would be made on a fortnightly/monthly basis.
To gauge interest in this service, CLS is requesting for anyone who would like to become involved in the service as either:
- A recipient (must reside in the Samford Valley area) or
- A Volunteer Delivery Driver, to
Please email email@example.com to register your interest.
Interested parties will be contacted and supplied with further details.